Ready for the WBJEE exam? All the aspiring engineers must be busy preparing for exams. WBJEE exam is a gateway to Engineering, Pharmacy and Architecture courses in nearly 104 institutes and colleges across the state of West Bengal. Candidates are given admission to the participating institutes on the basis of their ranks. WBJEE Board conducts this state level exam in April/May while the result is declared in the month of June and you can find the WBJEE Syllabus for more details.
WBJEE Board has laid down certain guidelines which all candidates are expected to follow while appearing for the exam. Amongst these are some guidelines on what one should or shouldn’t carry to the exam centre. The rules are strict. We have compiled a checklist to let you know what you should carry to the WBJEE exam centre. Also, check the list of don’ts to avoid losing valuables or be debarred from the exam. This would be your lifesaver!
What to carry to the WBJEE exam centre
Candidates are required to carry the following documents failing which they will be barred from entering the examination centre. No stationery will be provided at the test centre, therefore, students are required to carry their own pen.
- WBJEE Admit Card– Carry a hard copy of admit card of WBJEE exam. You will not be allowed entry to exam centre if you forget your admit card. Also, you need to show the invigilator your WBJEE Admit card during the exam to confirm your identity. Check whether the copy is in good condition. Preferably carry two copies so that you have a backup in case one is torn or is missing.
- Photo Identity Proof- Any photo identity card in original such as Aadhar card, Pan Card, Passport, 10th Standard admit card, School ID card should be with you at the test centre. You need to show a valid photo ID if asked at the exam hall.
- Coloured Photograph– Carry a copy of coloured photograph uploaded during online application.
- Stationery Articles – Carry Blue/Black Ball Point Pen
First a quick look at the WBJEE Exam Schedule
Aspirants are expected to reach the exam venue at least one hour before the exam and complete the frisking and other checks before time. Plan your commute in advance and be sure about the exact location of your examination centre to avoid any inconvenience on the day of examination. Candidates will be allowed to enter the examination centre 30 minutes before the commencement of the test. They are advised to take their allotted seats at least 15 minutes before the exam. The WBJEE exam schedule is as below.
Paper 1 (Mathematics) – 11.00 am to 1.00 pm
Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry) – 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
WBJEE Exam Kit
The two hours of WBJEE Exam are important for all the aspiring engineers. You should not be stressing over whether your valuables or mobiles are safe. These are the things one should avoid carrying to the exam centres. Remember to carry the admit card, a photograph as well as a photo ID to the exam hall.
Make your WBJEE Exam Kit. In a wallet keep the following things and make sure you carry the same to the exam hall. Prepare this kit a day in advance so that you don’t forget anything.
|S.No||Things to carry||Tick mark yes/No|
|1||WBJEE Admit Card|
|2||Photo Identity Card (preferably your Aadhaar Card else valid Photo ID)|
|4||Blue/black ballpoint pen|
Don’ts for WBJEE Exam Centre
- Candidates should not carry any written or printed material except for the Admit Card
- Examinees should also not carry calculator, pen, docu-pen, log-table, wristwatch, any communication device like mobile phones inside the examination hall.
- Candidates are not allowed to go outside the exam hall without special permission during the WBJEE exam.
- Candidates not allowed to carry any kind of beverage or eatables inside the examination hall.
- Eraser or correction fluid is not allowed to be used in the answer sheet. So mark your answers carefully. You can’t edit once they are done.
- Any candidate found not adhering to the rules or using any unfair means may lead cancellation of his/her candidature summarily.
- In the case of impersonation, the candidature will be cancelled immediately and legal action would be pursued against the candidates.
Candidates have to answer the exam questions on the machine-readable OMR Answer Sheets using blue/black ballpoint pen only. WBJEE exam follows the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format wherein each question will have four options.
WBJEE entrance exam is conducted to test the aptitude of candidates in three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Applicants have to appear in two papers: Paper-I – Mathematics; Paper-II – Physics & Chemistry combined. Candidates interested in Engineering, Technology and Architecture Courses need to appear in both Paper-I and Paper-II compulsorily
The WBJEE Syllabus for engineering courses is completely based on the class 11th and 12th syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.